Thursday, June 26, 2014

Cake, cake, and more cake

Ta-da! I made a few more cakes, and they're all pretty cute. As you can see, I had polymer clay pieces to them. I ordered the marshmallow twists, chocolate bars, and strawberries from Delish Beads. The mini cookies and cinnamon roll I got from Hobby Lobby, and they're Mayberry Streets Minitiatures "Sweet Treats".

My chocolate cake got a chocolate/vanilla marshmallow twist, a dark chocolate piece, and a gingerbread cookie. The strawberry cake was decorated with a strawberry/vanilla twist, two strawberries, and a strawberry chocolate piece.

My yellow cake with chocolate swirl, chocolate icing, and vanilla drizzle recieved two blue/yellow twists, a yellow cookie with red sprinkles, and a marble chocolate piece (I accidently got white paint on it, so this is how I'm going to cover it up, ha). 

I was going to make a red velvet cake, and I guess it can still be considered that even with the pieces on top and chocolate drizzle. The toppings are a chocolate/vanilla twist, a milk chocolate piece, a gingerbread cookie, and creme-filled chocolate cookie, a cinnamon roll, and a dark chocolate piece. Maybe this can be called the diabetes cake? 

Finally, I have a green tea cake with orange icing, strawberry swirl, and vanilla drizzle. It's topped with five strawberries and an orange cookie with a single red sprinkle. 

I had tons of fun making these little guys. My last step that I'll probably do is wrap them will cellophane and tie the tops to make cute wrapped treats. It'll give another cutsie factor and protect them from dust. 

I hope you had fun following along! I know my posts must have seem repetitive this week. I'm pretty sure I'm done making foam foods since my hands are missing crotchet needles and soft yarn. 

Until the next the creation! Have a wonderful day : )

3 comments:

  1. they look real...delicious...and lots of fun...
    just a warning...my dachshund (Hershey) would tear them to shreds..and chew on the pieces....he loves foam...

    but of course I'll bet Emi is a much better behaved little doggie..
    I enjoy sharing your projects,
    Love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your toppings made the perfect final touch . . . and less dusting always sounds good, so I say yes to the cellophane, too! ;o)

    ReplyDelete