Monday, July 11, 2016

Living a Purposeful Life

Hello, lovelies! I know it's been quite some time since my last post, and my only explanation is that I have nothing interesting to say, like, ever. I always thought that if I had a blog or a website that I would be full of topics that people would want to read that could inspire or enlighten them, but I just hadn't had any subject like that in a long time. I can't promise that this is the start of something glorious and new. Right now, I just can't fall asleep and thought this would be a productive way to spend my sleepless night.

I really want to try and explain my thoughts and feelings on living a purposeful life (in my eyes at least). Lately, I've noticed that my days go by quickly and in a blur, but I often can not look back on a moment that was important or defining in my life. It started to make me sad to be quite honest. I'd like to think I have more to offer to this world than just going through the motions with life passing by me. 

In response to feeling like I'm wasting my life away, I really started to pray and just ask God what did living a purposeful life look like for me. I personally don't feel led to start a ministry locally or in other countries, and I most certainly don't feel like writing a inspiring novel. So what then? What is there for me to do? How am I not wasting this precious life God gave me? Here are some things I've come up with so far...

1. Purposefully apply God to every  moment. 

If I'm not comfortable in doing great acts to change the world like Martin Luther King or Mother Teresa, the LEAST I can do is wake up every morning ready with praise to give God. I can discipline myself to read his word and pray for those around me. Or to pray during the day when I see a need instead of thinking, "Oh I'll pray about that later". 

When I see a beautiful sunset or hear the mesmerizing pitter patter of rain, I can focus my thoughts on God the creator and give him glory. What an imagination you have, Lord, to create the beauty of a sunrise and the music of rain! 

I've also just been hyper aware of my mortality, and I want to focus my thoughts on Christ and his selfless act of love dying on the cross for my sins. I can look towards the future and know that it is bright with love, promise, and hope. I must never forget. I must stay purposeful for God the father, Christ his son, and his Holy Spirit. 

2.  Purposefully sharing the Gospel.

My church's mission statement in short terms is "to make disciples making disciples". Sharing the gospel, so that others can know Christ and what he did for them is the greatest act of love I can ever accomplish. I know it's uncomfortable sometimes, but the thought of that person I share the gospel with being in heaven with me makes it worth it. Even if I never know if they turn to Christ or not, at least I could stand before God knowing that person's blood wasn't on MY hands. 

My point in saying all this is that I don't want anymore days that I don't just share Christ's love. I want to be more purposeful in expressing what Christ has done for all of us by sharing what he's done personally for me. 

I had a tea party this past weekend, and I got to share some amazing truths in scripture with a new and learning Christian. It wasn't much, and I'm sure it didn't completely blow this person's mind, but it felt so good to just share scripture. And maybe, just maybe, that person will look back on that conversation when things get tough and their faith is tested and persevere because of the seed of truth that was planted. 

Well, that's all I got for now. It was a rambling (an unorganized one at that), but that's what I do best. My friend, Michelle, jokes I analyze what I analyzed about the analyzation of the analysis of my thoughts and feelings. No matter how my I analyze, though, it comes out in a rambling! Haha, have a good night and God bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment